David Cook, MD, FACS
Dr. Cook graduated from Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) and later completed his internship and residency at OHSU. He is a member of several organizations, including the North Pacific Surgical Society, Portland Surgical Society and the Oregon College of Surgeons. He is also a member of the American Medical Association and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Cook focuses on colorectal cancer, hernia repair and diseases relating to the gallbladder and thyroid at The Oregon Clinic - Westside Surgical Specialists.
Dr. David Cook provides advanced hernia care solutions with emphasis on quick recovery and aggressive pain control. To learn more about this service and find a location for your procedure, please click here.
- Internship and Resident, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 1990
- MD, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 1984
- Post Graduate Studies, Portland State University, Portland, OR, 1980
- Post Graduate Studies, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 1977
- BS, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 1976
- Member, North Pacific Surgical Society
- Member, Portland Surgical Society
- Member, Oregon College of Surgeons
- Member, Multnomah County Medical Society
- Member, Washington County Medical Society
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, Oregon Medical Association
- Member, American Society General Surgery
- Member, Pacific Coast Surgical Association
- Member, Society of Surgery of the Alimentary Tract
- Member, Western Surgical Society
Dr. Cook performed my melanoma scalp resection along with Dr. Webber. serving as the plastic surgeon. The cancer was staged at 3C. Both doctors were perfect examples of what someone who is going through this horrible event needs. Competent, caring, professional and very strong communication. I never felt during the pre/post-surgery that they had anything other than my health and other needs (I had LOTS of questions) at heart. During the office visits I was never rushed. The "meeting" was over when I had no more questions. I appreciated that. Since my cancer operation, I have used Dr. Cook for other necessary surgical procedures. I am so happy I came across both Dr. Cook and Dr. Webber!